So the recent fusion of…

…two shorter, much, much older works into a sonnet, has given me another idea, as such things often do. Therefore I decided to revisit the Coleridge ode/sonnet, with the (possibly ambitious) intention of flipping the rhymes to more ideal positions. So, one might call that “step three” in the process I seem to be leaning toward calling by the name “poetic fusion.” I have not done so yet, but whatever result I achieve, will appear tomorrow, the 17 of October. I do try not to do to much of this kind of repurposing of an existing post, because it does feel to be a little like cheating–even though quite often there is a fair bit of work involved.

Advertisements

Should I create…

…an eBook and/or a real book of some of these sonnets? Should I arrange them by subject? It is so easy to do these days, I can even design a paper version which can be printed one-off when someone orders it from Amazon or one of the others outfits like that.

This morning’s piece…

…is, once again, a new work, written, albeit more directly this time, and not from memory, from two much, much older works. Both of these were two quatrains of Octameter. This was approximately the correct number of words and syllables to make a sonnet. 8 * 8 * 2 gives us 128 syllables. I kept the rhymes, although I moved them so they would ring with each other in a manner more true. Also Added a few more; so that, in all lines, there are three rhyming words, but sometimes there are four. Continue reading