Hmm… well…. quick post now working again. It must have been an errant Java update.
…I took an in-depth look at major and minor wordpress technicals, widget redesign and selection, and other new and improved ™ items. As well, did I flirt briefly with a couple of “paid” features, the use of which I will not allow myself without setting some goal or other.
…once again, rain! And, a concept in which one so often engages when one writes music. This concept is that of a “pickup beat.” Continue reading
…regarding the introduction to this mornings post: Originally this was not written as a double or triple entendre, although, it clearly may be taken as such. I would venture a guess that anyone would be hard pressed to determine the original subject of this piece.
I have, indeed, completed all the “<— previous — view — next —>” links. I have been working on it a little at a time. And now I am done! Sometimes I would add the links from the older toward the newer. Sometimes, since I have been adding the links to all the new posts, I have added some at the front, slowly working my way from the newer to the older. Occasionally, I have done some editing on a sonnet or introduction somewhere in between, and have added the links while I was there, which made the process seem faster–like being dealt a wild card, or a free square in a crossword, or in “Scrabble.”
Now I can go back to archiving the site posts in skydrive, which had been my “do it when I have free time” project, prior to this.
…have I added those “<— previous — view — next —>” style links. It seems that it will never be done, but, in reality, I believe I’m getting close to finishing.
If you still see the space in the list, beginning with “the 101″… which is still present as of October, 2013…
If you look toward the right column wherein I have posted links to sequences, unless by the time you have read this, my work therein has been completed, you will see within the link category named “sequences,” a space. Of course all the link categories to the right are involving sequences, apart from the default links, the calendar, recent posts, etc. In any case, as of this writing you will still see a space after which you will see a link for “the 101.”
This space marks the division between my previous method of linking (using menu widgets) and my new method (involving link widgets.) The new method allows me to easily move a link from “sequences” to, for example “featured” or some other heading simply by editing the link in question and changing the category to which it belongs. This is a great labour-saving system, but it has been a very long process, as I have set about reworking some aspects of the site.
What has inspired this post is simply that I have noticed that the list of old links is growing small! At first It felt as though it would never be completed. The list of sequence seemed to have grown so large, you see; and I hadn’t really taken a good look at it until just this morning. Only a scant handful of sequence left (plus possibly a few short sequences to which I hadn’t provided links before–I have, in fact, encountered a few of those here and there as I have been going over things)
It is a good feeling to see that ones work is progressing, even when the work in question is simple “scut work,” as our beloved combat engineer might term it. For so very long the list after the vexing break and beginning with “the 101” has been much longer than the list of finished links; or so I thought. Apparently, it has been of junior length for a long while now, and, all the while, escaping my notice.
In any case, here it is almost finished and I hadn’t even noticed the progress I had been making. It just seemed like a long, long, task that would never come to an end.