Rather than rearranging what I have scheduled to post, I shall delay #11, which will post on January 3rd, 2014. Number 12, which is not yet completed will most likely be done this morning(ish) and will therefore post on January 4th, 2014, or perhaps shortly thereafter.
Sorry to make all-y’all wait this long ; )
Still… I can here provide you with a few notes as to number 11:
In addition to the rhymescheme previously enumerated, the sonnet in question contains a number of rhythm flips… dactyls and trochees, if I remember correctly. As well, does it contain a number of line carry-overs, serving as rhythmic extensions, most or all of which come complete with their own internal rhyme-schemes.
It is also the first sonnet I have written wherein the Volta occurs on the very last syllable. This will also serve as the introduction to sonnet 12 which, I have so determined to function as a continence to the ideation of the Volta of sonnet 11–which thenceforth will contain a Volta of its own, probably occurring on line #10.
As I have begun this sonnet in earnest this afternoon, I have also determined that it should not contain many line extensions, rhythmic flips or other such contrivances which, I hope, will give it a more stately sound and conclusion to #11.
Related articles? In a pig’s eye!!:
- Just Say No Sonnet (mjbeats123.wordpress.com)
- The Development of the Form of the English Sonnets (bloomyebooks.wordpress.com)
- The Sonnet for Her~ (nottyson.wordpress.com)
- True Love (casenglishdepartment.wordpress.com)
- My Sweet Rose – Sonnet (irinadim.com)
- Sonnet: (template) ((More “Etudes” comming))… (davidemeron.com)
- Intro: I spent quite a long time… (davidemeron.com)
- Intro: Through Eternity I Hear (davidemeron.com)
- Sonnet: To a Friend (davidemeron.com)
- Sonnet I: Ode (davidemeron.com)