And as ever, because fewer and fewer of us have engaged ourselves in the study of history in any detail, these facts will cause most of us to:
jump to the wrong conclusion,
name an incorrect cause,
demonise the wrong villain,
propose the wrong solution,
take the wrong action,
hurt those to whom we wish to offer help,
help those we wish to hurt,
ignore any who may truly be responsible…
I thank you very much sir for the visit.
– 1.3 billion people live with less than 1 dollar per day.
– South Asia has 45% poor, 40% in Africa.
– The current consumption of an average African household is down 20% over the last twenty-five years.
– 20% of the poorest share 1.1% of global income.
– In more than half of the cities in developing countries, more than 40% of the population lives in slums.
– Nearly 12 million children die each year in the developing world from preventable diseases.
– Development aid represents only 0.19% of the GDP of the G7 countries, instead of the 0.7% target adopted by the UN.
– With 16.5% of the poor, the United States accumulate the highest world per capita income and the highest poverty rate in the industrialized countries.
– The European Union has at least 57 million poor people (11.8% of the population in France, 15% in UK…
View original post 18 more words