My most dear Mrs. Emeron–so very sweet is she–oft-times refers to me as “a full gospel atheist,” and sometimes as “a full gospel agnostic.” My very best friend, who is, in fact a full gospel, “full-on,” Mathematician for the Lord–as fully Christian as are so very many mathematicians–insists that I, Beloved of God, am possessed of the gifts of the Spirit–particularly that of Prophesy. This is away and aside from my natural (Yote might say, God given) abilities regarding pattern recognition, which some might call my speciality.
How did I arrive at this strange place? How did I come to be in this unusual condition? I’m not sure I understand it myself. Still, I might go so far as to say it is all in my background.
Today’s sonnet, or should I say, today’s return to arms, is religious in nature, and more specifically Christian, and more specifically still, Charismatic and onto being full gospel. So I am fortunate then, in whatever unintended spiritual proclivities with which I may be endowed.
This offering is the result of a series of discussions. It did require a bit of research, I am embarrassed to say; as, although the spirit is quite willing, the flesh–in particular, the memory–is weak. And, not wishing to misquote the Almighty nor any of his Prophets or Apostles, I felt some specificity was warranted.
In structure it is a Reverse Petrarchan/Italian in the form: 1221, 2112, AABCBC; however it contains 5 embedded tercets which are of two tetrameters followed by one pentameter in the form AA1 BB1 CC1 DD1 EE1, which perfectly encompasses 13 lines. Its Volta begins with the first syllable of the last line, which caps the 5 tercets off nicely. So this one can be read in this way, if one desires, or one might read it in such a way to emphasize its sonnet structure.
And here is where I click the random links below without investigating their veracity or lack thereof.
- New News on Motown Gospel Recording Artist Tasha Cobbs (theindustrycosign.wordpress.com)
- The Gospel Truth (bishopmichaelreid.com)
- Christian Sean Studler (state-journal.com)
- The Adventure Begins (davarr.wordpress.com)
- What a Friend we have in Jesus… and in Filipino Government! (newlifectmissions.com)
- Drinking from the (Social Media) Fire Hose? By TriLink Social Media Mentors, social media made simple (nwchristianwriters.wordpress.com)
- “Development of the sons of God” (bishopmichaelreid.com)
- If You Were My Son…Learn to Listen (churchbyphone.wordpress.com)
- Cornerstone Full Gospel Baptist Church in Tuscaloosa, Alabama Buils Second Church Campus to Reach More People (blackchristiannews.com)
- Gospel (charitygcsblog.wordpress.com)